Top 5 Skills of a Digital Marketing Consultant
Quora Question: What skills do I need to be a digital marketing consultant?
|Digital Marketing Consulting|
- Marketing Aptitude: It includes interest & ability to understand the market pulse and then applying your creativity to differentiate your sales pitch.
- Digital Space: An understanding of how things work in online space. General understanding of audience behavior and organic reach.
- Understanding & Apt Application of Digital Marketing Platforms & technicality: This involves knowing ins and outs of different advertising modes and specific platforms, including SEO. Obviously, the mix varies according to the products & services you offer. Time your mix right.
- Effective Content: Convey your message irresistibly and as briefly as possible. Focus on engaging your customers. The gist of your message must be given right at the start. The audience is busy, barged with messaged, and so impatient, the space is cluttered, digital marketing competence is reaching newer level, so your content for promotion & campaigns cannot afford to be detailed.
- Google Analytics: Digital space is dynamic and marketing here requires constant improvisation. Analytics are very helpful tool to know about the effectiveness of your campaigns vis-a-vis your target market and reach. A thorough knowledge and application thereof of analytics is the backbone of digital marketing.
If you are able to deliver optimally and simultaneously even on these 5 above, you are good to call yourself a Digital Marketing Consultant. Of course keep updating your skills. They go obsolete quite rapidly. (https://www.quora.com/What-skills-do-I-need-to-be-a-digital-marketing-consultant/answer/Rakhi-Sinha-16) [Forum Handling]